We caught back up with his family, and we toured Wilmington for the night. They were hosting a tribute to Michael Jackson that night, so downtown was crowded. We had to fight our way through the crowds, and decided to take a paid tour of Wilmington. We took the Haunted Wilmington our, and while nothing interesting happened during the tour. It proved to provide some pretty awesome, spooky spectral photograpy. The first photo is of a cemetary, and the second is of a mansion. The bright light in the second photo is not a light, or the reflection of a car. It was there in this picture but not any others.
We went back to the hotel for the night, and then got some much needed rest. We went back to downtown Wilmington, and Nathan and I took a Hollywood Tour, and saw some location where one of my favorite show "One Tree Hill" is filmed. We stayed in Wilmington until our beach house was ready. Once we got settled into our house in Topsail Island, we went crabbing that night. Gage and Grace are phenomenal crab hunters. They even managed to catch two crabs at the same time. They were attached, which was the nice way of saying that they were "dating". Needless to say, we turned them loose very quickly.
Through the remainder of the week, we had a lot of fun. We had great weather, all except for one day, in which it rained. We explored and shopped during that day. We spent the afternoons at the beach, in which most of us read, and the kids played. Nathan even got into the action, in attempting to learn how to skimboard. He managed to do okay, but there were alot of funny falls from all three.
We played in the water some, and had alot of fun with it. On the last full day there, we saw dolphins swimming very close to the shore. At one point, they might have been 5o to 100 feet away from us. I tried to get pictures, but my camera batteries chose that exact moment to die. Bobbie Jo got some great shots of them though.
We also went fishing on the pier while we were there. I only caught one fish, but Nathan caught three. He is obviously much better at it than I am, but I loved it. We had a great time, and got to see a stingray out in the water.
We celebrated my father in laws 53rd birthday on the 15th. We got him an ice cream cake, and went out to eat at the Breezeway for seafood. We consumed large quantities of ice cream during our vacation. (Never a bad thing). We tried to take our family pictures, however, it was too windy, and instead of getting really good shots, we ended up with some good ones and some funny ones.
(My hair is a mess, and Nathan has a great popped collar look :)
This is all I have time for at the moment. Thanks to my week of relaxation, I now have some serious homework to catch up on for my classes. Adding to that, school starts on the 6th, and I have a lot of work to do to get ready for that.
I promise to have some more wittier blogs in the future. I figured this topic would be a good first one.
No comments:
Post a Comment